Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Unproduced Screenplay #5: "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (2000)

Freaks and Geeks, Seinfeld, Veronica Mars, Firefly, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Alias, Homicide...  Some of my favorite television shows of all time.

But the one show that will always stand at the top is Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I started watching Buffy right after I graduated college in 1998 and never missed an episode until the show ended in May of 2003.  The series included maybe the most realistic look at death ever put on television, season five's "The Body", one of the most original TV episodes ever produced, the almost dialogue-free Emmy nominated "Hush" from season four, James Marster's brilliant monologue from season seven, and, of course, my all time favorite episode of any television show-ever-period, the now classic musical episode from Season 6 "Once More With Feeling."

So of course I had to take my own stab (pun intended) at writing a Buffy screenplay.

Here is a scene from "That Campy Feeling," where the gang goes on a seemingly harmless camping trip and runs into some..well, trouble.






Next up, my second television script, an original pilot called The Powers.

No comments: